Silent Games is a game development studio with a focus on RPG games that give players a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose. Based in the heart of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, we’re building a studio with an aim to foster an open, transparent relationship with our players that will allow us to create high quality Double A games for years to come. If this sounds like something that appeals to you, then check out our roles below or get in touch with a speculative application!
Due to COVID-19, we will respecting government guidelines, therefore you may be required to start working remotely as necessary until the restrictions are lifted.
We’re looking for 3D animators to join Silent Games, a Double A game development studio based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a focus on RPG games that give players a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose. As a 3D Animator you'll be working with our teams to create high quality animations for a variety of uses in Unreal Engine 4 from prototype to final implementation. You'll also work closely with our Character Artists so you should be able to communicate and work effectively in a team, always being ready to problem solve and offer insight into new features and processes.
- Create high quality 3D animations for humans, creatures, environments and more
- Create and integrate animations for impactful combat sequences
- Establish and maintain 3D animation pipelines both inside and outside of UE4
- Experience using 3D animation software such as Maya or 3DS Max
- Understand game development pipelines from early concept to launch
- Ability to work effectively with other disciplines such as character art, environment art and programming
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience creating combat animations for RPG’s
- Desire to work on RPG games with asynchronous multiplayer
- Experience in working with motion capture data and motion capture pipeline