Senior Combat Designer
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which being a battle royale twist on Vampire: The Masquerade. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
OUR DESIGN TEAM
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenge and responsible for filtering the vision of the game into individual features, levels, combat, quests, and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with project leadership to establish the vision and goals for combat.
- Collaborate closely with all disciplines to deliver a combat system that epitomises the vision of the game.
- Work with Unreal Engine to implement and tune character animations and behaviour as they relate to combat.
- Conduct research across all streams of media to better deliver against the goals and vision of the project.
- Regularly seek feedback from the wider team to aid you in honing the combat experience.
- Drive development of the tools and systems necessary to deliver combat to the highest possible quality.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced combat designer who has shipped at least one high-profile title.
- A passionate gamer with a love for combat focused games.
- An individual with excellent rapid prototyping skills.
- You have prior experience designing animation-led systems.
- You have demonstrable experience delivering features that rely on timing and feel.
- You have a strong understanding of combat systems in games across our industry.
- As a bonus, you have experience in delivering combat features for an online title.
- Confidence with the technical documentation of ideas, concepts, and designs.
HOW YOU WILL GROW
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Taking ownership of combat for a big budget, online title.
- Identifying the support you need and ultimately building a team to provide it.
- Mentoring and managing the junior members of your team.
- Joining a project during the concept phase and playing a key role in the team throughout the development cycle.