Spring 2021 Livestream Community Intern
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Spring 2021 Livestream Community Intern will work closely with the Livestream Community Manager and STREAM for No Kid Hungry team to support our livestream fundraising community. We are looking for someone with knowledge and interest in streaming, Discord and social media in order to help manage and steward our streamer supporters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support with community management of our Discord server and STREAM Twitter account
- Support with drafting content for STREAM Twitter account
- Engage with our streaming community via stream chats on Twitch
- Assist with management of our livestream email infobox
- Assist with management of STREAM master spreadsheet
- Research projects and other duties may be assigned
- Interest in gaming and livestreaming
- Basic knowledge of Discord
- Currently enrolled in (or recent graduate of) a degree program
- Organized, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Outstanding oral communications skills required.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills, and social media savvy.
- Excellent and proven research skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.