Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune® : Free Play, Tuscany Villa® , among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), Seville (GENJOY game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our wesbite.
The Sevilla Studio is looking for a Level Designer who wants to join our growing studio in sunny Seville. You will design exciting new levels, game mechanics and systems for a match-3 game following the lead of the Game Designer of the team.
Some responsibilities for this position are:
- Level creation.
- Designing new match-3 mechanics.
- Balancing levels from live game.
- Collaborating on the definition of level progressions and evolution of the level mechanics.
- Working on a highly collaborative team, giving and receiving feedback from colleagues to improve the overall result of previously described tasks.
- Communicating with other teams of developers, analytics and artists to improve the general outcome of the Level Design team.
- Working closely with other game designers, as well as developers, to create game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player.
- Conducting gameplay evaluations, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
- Developing prototypes to test new obstacles for the game.
- Integrating the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine, as the project progresses.
What a perfect candidate will need:
- Has a degree in Design of interactive Products and Video Games or similar.
- +1 year of experience as Level Designer.
- Has experience working with Unity.
- Has a deep understanding of the current mobile-game landscape and the puzzle genre.
- Is interested in Level and Game Design.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Has fluent and clear verbal and written communications.
- English knowledge.
- Enjoys challenges and problem solving.
- Passionate about game development.
- Positive attitude.
- Available to relocate to Sevilla (Spain) once the Covid-19 situation allows it.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a talented and dynamic development team, located in Genjoy headquarters in Sevilla.
- Salary according to experience and skills of the candidate.
- Becoming a member of our Genjoy family and enjoy all the perks and benefits of working with us.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.