Director of Product
Are you passionate about taking a world-renowned, top grossing franchise to the next level by developing new, best in class features and evolving gameplay experiences that are compelling, appealing, and inherently social?
Scopely is looking for an industry expert who is intimately aware of game KPIs and possesses a deep understanding of the systems and mechanics that move metrics. Working closely with our Senior Director of Product based in Los Angeles, you will help to drive the entire feature lifecycle from the initial design phase through live-game optimization. You will do that by leading an all-star team of product managers and designers in the creation of features with cross functional teams, culminating in genre defining outcomes.
Combining product thinking, deep understanding of our players, analytical rigor, creative vision and executional excellence, this will be an opportunity to put your stamp on the future of social and mobile gaming.
What you will do:
- Help define the long term vision of the game and feature roadmap. Prioritize a roadmap with parallel, often competing KPI impacting deliverables. Work with your leadership team to hit aggressive targets to optimize lifetime value of the player base.
- Manage and develop a team of talented Product Managers and Game Designers
- Formulate product strategy and create engaging game mechanics and core game loops
- Wireframe and spec features, optimize core social mechanics and leverage virtual economies
- Have a CEO-like mindset and own every aspect of a convincing roadmap that achieves KPI goals set by you and the Product Team. You will guide cross-functional partners such as game designers, UX designers and artists to deliver a polished product that meets the product’s vision.
- See feature development through from concept to launch, from post launch analysis to ongoing optimization, to deliver best in class features that achieve KPI goals set by you and the Product Team.
- Operate your game as a business unit, responsible for revenue objectives
- Conduct quantitative analyses of data to provide key insights into product performance and uncover opportunities for further engagement and monetization
- Leverage player feedback and game data to inform roadmap and feature design solutions. Use competitive market research to identify future opportunities and feature best practices
- Help identify inefficiencies and provide long term solutions in our feature development process and live operation process & tooling to further drive operational excellence
What do you need:
- Extensive experience leading a PM function in social or mobile F2P games, ideally managing a live game with strong Social / PvP elements.
- Passion for creating great games and addictive user experiences
- Ability to make sense of large sets of data and metrics with a focus on data-driven decision making
- Ability to effectively balance the needs of technology, business, and user experience
- Experience managing and training a team of PMs or Game Designers
- Aptitude and ability to manage a complex ecosystem with players in different life cycles and spend propensity
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Able to articulate the “why” instead of just the “how” and “what” to drive team wide alignment on product vision. Cross studio collaboration a plus
- Ability to deploy people where it has the highest impact, understand tradeoffs, anticipate & mitigate risks from afar, manage expectations & maintain high quality of deliverables
- Able to create & design experience that shapes positive player behavior
- Leadership to raise the quality bar, engaging and inspiring other product leads to deliver the best possible quality
- Mindset: critical, analytical and creative thinker with attention to detail, strong in execution, entrepreneurial and outcome driven, growth minded and low ego.
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.