Senior Game Developer
Rovio Toronto is a budding new studio; we are an ambitious, games-loving bunch who aim to make creative casual F2P games that make their mark and reach millions of players. Our goal is to grow and find excellence through ongoing iteration driven by data and player feedback - and make fan-favourite games along the way.
We are committed to living the Rovio values of team empowerment and work-life balance in a collaborative, transparent and bubbly environment. As a new studio, we have a unique opportunity to leverage our experience to be bold and build an amazing place to create memorable & impactful games.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Toronto team. In this role you will work with the other disciplines in the studio to build ambitious prototypes as we create the next generation of casual F2P games. In our small and nimble team you will get the chance to meaningfully contribute not only to making games but also to how we make these games. With your strong tech background you are gameplay-oriented and ready to bring in your own unique perspective and skills.
- Rapid prototyping iterations
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of game systems
- Working together with our cloud operations team in case of incidents
- Provide mentorship and support for less experienced developers
- Implement game features with other developers in the team
- Work with server developers for seamless backend integration
- Optimize the game to run smoothly on mobile platforms
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years of commercial game programming experience
- 3+ years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C#
- Experience with debugging, profiling, and performance optimizations
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with integration and development of platform specific plugins
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prototyping experience, gameplay programming
- Good understanding of Clean Code and SOLId principles
- Experience with unit tests and test driven development (TDD)
- Experience with python, bash, powershell to automate tasks
- Experience developing CI/CD pipeline for build systems
- Data modelling and database design skills
- Familiarity with cloud computing, especially AWS
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Third round: You will meet with a Rovio Technical Director with whom you will dive deeper into your skills, your ambitions and where we can help you grow.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the Studio and Game Leads. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture,