We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to join our team of talented software engineers responsible for RoosterTeeth.com and related app experiences. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of mobile platform and application development, with experience taking at least one B2C Android app to market. We are passionate about creating fantastic experiences for fans of Rooster Teeth content, and growing our team to build the next generation of our platform.
- Maintain and update the existing Rooster Teeth Android app
- Architect, design, and implement the next generation of our mobile experience
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to define, design, develop, and deliver new exciting features to our passionate community of Rooster Teeth fans
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and incorporate new technologies into our products and processes to improve development efficiency
- Deliver quality software solution using Agile mobile development cycle
- Analyze and resolve performance issues and other limitations
- 2-3+ years experience in Android development, with proven success taking a B2C mobile experience to market
- Expertise in either Java or Kotlin
- Experience coding in, or willingness to learn React Native
- Experience with in-app purchase or payment integration features
- Understanding of core software concepts, including networking, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application life-cycle management
- Advanced software design skills, including object-oriented design
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Proficient in unit testing, debugging and performance tuning
- Great communication and collaboration skills with a commitment to quality
- Experienced in JIRA , and familiar with Agile methodologies and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.