At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is looking for talented developers whose skill set combines technical excellence with a passion for making games. As part of the Gameplay team you will be working on existing and implementing new gameplay systems to meet project design goals. You will be required to engage with a range of classic game programming areas such as AI, physics, animation, UI, and data management among others.
What We Do
- Build core gameplay systems using a combination of code and script where appropriate.
- We are proficient in both inter- and intra-studio communication, relying on and providing feedback to other teams, ultimately empowering us to create the immersive worlds we are known for.
- Create the backbone upon which the design team authors our game’s missions, random events, ambient life, and everything in between. Additionally, we create tools to facilitate said authoring, improve iteration times and increase the productivity of all teams, not just the design department.
- We assume responsibility for programming the design team’s systems, creating code which is often complex and intricate – both for single player and online content. That responsibility also extends to analyzing and optimizing code created by colleagues.
- Our ability to implement design centric systems directly allows us to quickly iterate on new features and ideas, often with little to no dependence on other code departments.
- Work with the design and content teams to architect, engineer, and implement new features and systems which facilitate the creation of exciting new gameplay experiences.
- Liaise with multiple departments and studios to create and/or extend our gameplay systems.
- Working to strict deadlines and scoping work appropriately to deliver the quality we are known for.
- Reacting to design changes and related feedback with thought out solutions and effective planning to achieve the goals.
- A Computer Science or Game Design degree with a programming focus is considered an advantage. However, relevant experience is taken into consideration.
- Experience with C/C++ programming (VC14 preferable).
- Experience with C# programming.
- A strong understanding of top-down design, object-oriented programming, design patterns, and game design principles.
- Excellent communication, technical & problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with proven ability to deliver on deadlines.
- Passionate about gameplay, system design, and methodologies that will support a team that is similarly passionate about creating games.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, positive and personable, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Adaptable and ability to multi-task and prioritize work based on changing schedules and feedback/critiques.
- Ability to architect, engineer, and implement clean and concise APIs.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Prior experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
- At least one shipped title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Experience of game design/scripting in a professional environment.
- Online portfolio of previous work (code samples strongly advised).
- Experience working with AI for action/multiplayer games.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. Please make sure to include examples of your work with code samples. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.