Director of Customer Support
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Global Director of Support Operations to join the Customer Experience department at our New York City headquarters. This role will take leadership of our global support teams and systems to ensure we give our players a Rockstar-level support experience. The ideal candidate will have a background in running multi-functional teams with a focus on large contact center management, self-service, and live operations. This role demands a deep understanding of the modern contact center to deliver ever-improving business outcomes while supporting the needs of a vibrant and global workforce. In addition, a deep knowledge of the support technology landscape and the experience to bring it to bear to create a phenomenal experience for our players is a must.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Support Team focuses on enhancing the relationship between our games and our players with a goal of delivering a Rockstar-level support experience.
- We provide value to the Rockstar Games brand by improving the overall customer experience, lowering effort to receive support, and providing practical insight to our product development staff on player reported problems to assist in development prioritization.
- We manage global support operations across multiple languages, channels and locations.
- Take ownership of the organization providing direct support to the global audience of Rockstar Games including forecasting, budgeting, delivering on key business outcomes, and ensuring employee wellbeing within the Support Operations group.
- Lead and support a team of senior managers, based throughout the world, responsible for live agent service delivery, self-service, live operations, and various supporting services.
- Work in partnership with other groups within the Customer Experience team to deliver department wide goals and projects under the direction of Customer Experience leader.
- Implement and ensure the success of multiple supporting strategies that contribute to the overall experience of Rockstar Games players as well as the ongoing success of the company.
- Continuously improve the delivery of business outcomes of your managers and teams using a deep understanding of the player and agent experiences.
- Facilitate changes around new processes and technology by adhering to change management principles in a continually evolving environment.
- Ensure the ongoing smooth operation of the day-to-day live support environment, self-service, and all agent-based interactions.
- Observe, analyze, and report on areas of responsibility to senior leadership.
- Direct and take responsibility for the performance of inhouse and outsourced contact centers to deliver on key results.
- 9+ years of diverse and increasingly senior experience in support operations for the video game, entertainment, or technology industries.
- 5+ years of direct management experience in a customer support related role across multiple disciplines.
- Strong financial acumen, general commercial understanding, and experience with multi-million P&L accountability.
- Experience utilizing outsource agent vendor partners alongside internal resources.
- Proven ability to coordinate projects and drive results among various cultures and locations.
- Understanding of advanced concepts of customer support delivered by agents as well customer experience concepts.
- Experience delivering a successful self-service program focusing on knowledge management principles.
- Strong ability to analyze complex data, provide actionable insights, and run projects to improve business outcomes.
- Advanced degree in business, management, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of key customer service metrics (satisfaction, handle time, first contact resolution, etc.).
- Team Management of 800+ employees including front line staff, line managers, mid-level and senior managers.
- Experience managing a remote workforce.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Dynamic leadership and people skills.
- Excel, flow diagramming software, B2C ticketing systems, presentation software.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Advanced degree in business, management, or related field.
- Specific experience running a video game customer contact center.
- Specific experience implementing and managing custom customer-facing tools.
- Experience with agile project management systems such as SCRUM.
- Additional experience in leading teams performing social media, knowledge management, workforce management, learning and development, or technology QA.
- Experience or familiarity with Knowledge Centered Support / Service.
- Experience with goal setting systems such as OKRs.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required when safe(approximately 10% or once per quarter).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.