Animator - Performance Production
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented Animators who possess a passion for cinematic animation. Successful candidates will have experience working on This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of New York City.
What We Do
- We create cutscenes, cinematics, and in-game animation for all Rockstar video games.
- We are involved in the planning and direction of motion capture shoots using our offsite motion capture facilities to prototype new systems and direct talent to create content for our games.
- We create performances, emphasizing weight, timing & silhouette to create visually stunning cinematics and in-game animation.
- We work with the global animation and design teams to problem solve and implement cutscenes and cinematic vignettes.
- We review animation and implement feedback from lead reviews.
- We work as a global animation team to collaborate on player experiences.
- Create stunning animations that are responsive and cinematic.
- Work closely with the design team to create immersive cinematic and in-game experiences.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Minimum 2 years of experience animating video games.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with deep-rooted interest in films and video games.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Performance Directors, Producers, Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Strong understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder and motion capture.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Experience working with actors and on mocap stages.
- Experience of film editing, lighting or VFX.
- Practical knowledge of state machines and motion trees.
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.