Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Trust & Safety you will be part of the highest priority organization at Roblox that keeps our community a safe and civil place for our 170 million monthly users. Trust & Safety is one of the fastest growing teams and features diverse work in machine learning, data engineering, and traditional high throughput and low latency microservice development to detect issues in real-time from predatory behavior to inappropriate content targeting our user base.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, and amazing people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have ownership and influence across one or more of these domains.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will help keep Roblox the world's largest and safest online playground. You will work on problems that have not been solved before. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Trust & Safety team, you will manage large parts of Roblox's public and internal facing applications. You will lead and contribute ideas to implement modern features which will keep our players safe.
- Fluent in backend software development
- Someone with at least 3 years of experience building highly-available and large-scale distributed backend services
- Focused on safety and always aim to understand the full specifications of a problem before acting
- Have experience developing and releasing large products at scale
- Always raise the technical bar for the team and identifying processes to improve the team
- Work collaboratively across teams
- Help build backend services across large distributed systems
- You'll manage writing unit and integration tests
- Determine and resolve performance issues
- Help establish next-generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Report to the Engineering Manager of Trust & Safety
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass