Senior Director, International Communications
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is looking for a strategic and creative Senior Director of International Communications to join our growing communications team. You will build and protect our growing brand with a focus on establishing Roblox as the leading user-generated platform in Europe and Asia Pacific markets. You will develop and execute the international communications strategy for these regions and build and oversee management of the agency and local teams that will drive the company’s consumer, corporate and trade media relations in the EMEA and APAC regions. This person will also be responsible for managing sensitive issues and crisis communications in EMEA and APAC including developing plans, messaging and serving as a company spokesperson working closely with our Vice President of Corporate Communications, Legal, and Trust and Safety at HQs to mitigate issues. You will embrace working collaboratively with a group of individuals who are passionate about the Roblox brand.
You will report to the Vice President of Global Communications and will be based in London.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Communication’s team leaders and senior staff to position Roblox as an innovative public company with a business model unlike any of its competitors and with unique plans for future growth
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a media relations strategy that reinforces Roblox as a trusted platform where people come together to share and create experiences for connection, community and growth
- Develop local communications plans for product launches, enhancements, milestones and proactive campaigns; and ensure there is an effective narrative to support Roblox’s leadership position
- Develop clear metrics to measure the success of local initiatives against the overall strategy and analyse opportunities for continuous growth and improvement
- Directly responsible for building and managing the PR team/agencies, creating a culture that encourages creativity and collaboration and maximizes results, in key EMEA and APAC growth markets. In addition, serve as a strategic thought partner and functional expert to ensure that we strike the optimal balance between global alignment and local relevance
- Forge strong relationships with target media to advance understanding of Roblox’s vision, goals and achievements
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years international-communications market experience with a public company, both internal and external communications preferred
- Speaking multiple languages a plus
- Experience working with and managing multiple agencies/teams in multiple markets, and leading communications strategy in EMEA/APAC markets a must
- A track record leading strategic communications plans and initiatives across multiple markets, multi-market teams and outside agency partners to deliver results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- The ability to forge new media relationships on the regional and national levels in EMEA and APAC as well as across consumer, business and trade outlets
- Data-driven; proven experience using data, and strong quantitative analysis skills
- Experience managing sensitive media issues
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organised manner
- Excellent business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar