Principal Software Engineer
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be a part of the Data Platform team, providing the tooling, services and frameworks that enable self-service data analytics capabilities for internal key stakeholders, data scientists and software engineers as well as Roblox Game Developers. Additionally, you will partner with several analytics teams to gather requirements, design and implement tools and frameworks for large scale analysis, computation, and reporting.
- 10+ years as an experienced senior contributor or techincal lead, with core focus and hands on experience within the full data stack with production experience in Python, Java or other relevant fields.
- Passionate to learn more about how to efficiently encode complex data types, and code algorithms for computation.
- Continuously learning new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Preferably have a degree in Computer Science, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions
- Familiar with a full range of Hadoop related components such as Hive, Spark, Presto, Airflow, etc.
- Have a key role in building a premier and world-class analytics function.
- Influence how Roblox interacts with its players and its platform developers through the tools you build.
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems to drive Roblox business growth and improve the product experience.
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Build scalable data pipelines on top of Hive, Spark or Presto leveraging Airflow scheduler/executor framework.
- Build or rewrite existing data pipelines to improve efficiency and latency using technologies like Kafka, Spark-Streaming, Flink.
- Transform our data architecture for massive scale and high performance.
- Improve data quality and through anomaly detection by building and working with internal tools to measure data and automatically detect changes.
- Build frameworks to improve our Data Scientists speed and efficiency.
- Acquire new skills and refine the ones you have in weekly team training workshops.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.