Application Engineer - Monetization
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As an Application Engineer on Monetization, you will be responsible for all things related to payments and virtual economy at Roblox. The Economy team maintains a virtual marketplace that handles over 4 million transactions a day. The team provides the infrastructure and statistics to empower developers to monetize their games, with our top developers earning millions of dollars each year.
You Will Be
- Working on specific platforms including iOS, Android, Xbox, Universal Windows Platform
- Developing world class UI utilizing similar industry standard tool sets
- Expanding our Lua API for developers to gain access to monetization specific features
- Improving Roblox game servers to support these new monetization features
You Should Have
- The ability to learn technologies and languages quickly
- Familiar with C++
- Knowledgeable of multithreaded and asynchronous coding
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Collaborative team member, self starter, and adaptable
You Might Have
- Experience developing on mobile and console platforms
- Developed in Lua with Roblox Studio
- Exposure to the Roblox Lua Roact / Rodux projects
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, role-play, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.