Software Engineer III, Data Ops - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter. As a Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will be responsible for building player facing game features powered by analytical or machine learning models, and the backend services that collect and process data at global scale. You'll influence the technical direction for how data services are built, scale and are operated, and will report directly to the VALORANT Data Lead.
- Design, build and deliver in-game features that are backed by analytics or machine learning services
- Design, build, deliver and support large scale backend services to support analytics and data science capabilities
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, producers, game designers, data science and UX experts
- Handle a range of engineering problems related to data capabilities in the game engine, game server, and backend services
- Apply software engineering best practices in your work, ensuring that you're building reliable, maintainable systems and contribute to the engineering community within Riot
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience building software across multiple languages (e.g., C++, Golang, Python preferred)
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Professional experience building large scale backend systems (e.g. game services, data)
- Experience with related data processing (e.g., Spark, BigQuery, DataProc), storage (e.g., S3, Google Cloud Storage), transport (e.g., Kafka, PubSub), and orchestration (e.g., Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Previous experience working with data scientists and analysts
- Professional interest in machine learning applications, techniques, and infrastructure.
- Professional or other experience working with Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).