Senior Software Engineer - API Gateway
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Player Platform, API Gateway you will help build a turnkey, sustainable way for all Riot-published games to access Player Platform’s services. You will help enable game teams to integrate with the Riot Platform quickly and simply, rather than manage hundreds of underlying platform features. This will also allow platform teams to get their features to customers more quickly, and allow third-party app developers to access protected game data and platform services.
You will report into the Sr. Manager, Software Engineering of the Developer Platform team.
- Design an elegant service coalescing layer to unlock Riot as a publishing platform
- Mentor and train team members
- Quickly correct any system faults or failures that are affecting players
- Perform maintenance on systems and infrastructure as necessary to keep the game operating effectively
- Work independently on essential extended-scoped projects
- Ensure that system, service, and network capacity is sufficient to support current and expected demand
- Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform that maintenance
- Measure, analyze, identify, and implement tooling to achieve operational success.
- 3-5+ years of Technical Operations experience supporting live 24/7 services including building, deploying, securing, monitoring, and fixing systems at scale
- Experience with Linux systems at scale on cloud platforms
- Experience writing software and tools to support system engineering at scale
- Experience supporting game infrastructure
- Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized services
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).