The Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events and regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional competitive tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations, and be part of the Competitive Operations team. You will join an influential team and help govern our Riot Esports properties globally.
You will be tasked to support the Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations, in designing the foundations of Riot Games’ Global Compliance program and assisting with its daily execution. Together with the Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations, you will be directly involved in investigations and disciplinary proceedings relating to infringements of Riot Games’ competitive regulations and ensure their appropriate administration (i.e. drafting memos and rulings, seeking additional evidence, archiving, organizing, managing procedural calendars etc.). You will be actively participating in the drafting of regulations by organizing, attending and documenting working sessions at a global level and will be tasked to define and execute projects. In addition, you will play a critical role in supporting the Competitive Operations team on a variety of administrative and operational tasks.
You must feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, that continuously changes and where processes are regularly being created and refined. This is an exciting position for the right person because you will have the opportunity to build new working methodologies that will have a global impact, and collaborate in an international environment where flexibility, critical thinking, a positive attitude, entrepreneurial personality and problem-solving mindset are just as important as experience.
- Handling investigations and disciplinary proceedings, while ensuring their proper administration
- Maintaining Riot Games’ global case database and synthesizing case data in order to compile global compliance reports
- Keeping track of changes in legal frameworks and providing timely updates on these changes
- Managing the compliance mailbox and procedural calendars
- Coordinating global regulatory working sessions and documenting the latter
- Drafting, proofreading and assisting with drafting of documents such as procedural communications, rulings, policies etc.
- Identifying, idealizing and executing compliance related projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or related field
- 3+ years of proven working experience as a paralegal, preferably in ordinary courts, arbitration and/or sports
- Experience in dealing with disciplinary or integrity matters preferably within traditional sports or esports
- Experience in traditional sports or esports
- Highly organized and strong administrative skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work independently
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Reading comprehension, written and oral communication along with attention to details are critical skills
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office (building spreadsheets, reference tables, presentations, etc.)
- Paralegal certification is a plus
- Experience working within an international environment
- Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Mandarin, Cantonese or Korean will be appreciated
- Knowledge of the global esports ecosystem
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.