Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s Esports must grow to meet the challenges and opportunities. All of this is done whilst defining and implementing globally relevant and functional solutions. This means taking a pragmatic approach to solution development and creatively adapting to circumstances as they change in real-time
As a Reliability Engineer III on the Esport Technology team, you will manage the complete life cycle of our networks and systems. This means you assist with designing, improving and implementing monitoring, alarming and defining SLAs for our products to give our players the best experience possible. With an understanding that we support both Global and Regional esports so you will need to iterate on scalable designs that can be deployed easily in the best of times, or efficiently execute disaster recovery workflows in the worst of times.
This role will require international travel as we support global events working inside and outside the US. Expected travel 2-4 weeks 3-4 times a year.
- Actively engages other teams in order to build resilience into the system and across features.
- Ensures systems are appropriately documented, and that documentation is maintained.
- Actively manages ambiguity within complex and diverse problem spaces, breaking down problems and clearly communicating tradeoffs throughout development.
- Troubleshoot production issues at Riot scale
- Implement new solutions, and designs in a vendor-agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our monitoring platforms
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Be the technical lead and the single point of contact for events.
- 7+ years experience within network delivery and operational support
- In-depth experience with BGP
- Experience with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Understanding of MLPS, IS-IS
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching, data center/service provider focus); AWS Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty
- Experience with Python
- Experience with security appliances
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).