Motion Graphics Artist III - Wild Rift
As a Motion Graphics Artist at Riot, you will concept and give life to high quality motion projects for Riot Games products. Your technical skills and keen aesthetic eye for motion and compositing will transform static images into dynamic works of art. You will make creative decisions to establish how elements within projects will interact, build, transition, and function in collaboration with artists, designers and engineers.
As a Motion Graphics Artist on Wild Rift, you will lead on all of Wild Rift's motion needs such as UI animatics, page transitions, full motion user flows, and more. You will work with UI artists, UX designers, Audio, Engineering, and QA from both Riot and external partners to create stable and performant motion graphics that level up the player experience. You will report to the Senior Manager of Visual Design Art.
- Create UI animatics of designed UI/UX visuals for different interactive elements including menus, buttons, navigation flows, transitions, and animating them according to the League of Legends quality bar and style.
- Create motion graphics with Unity, including documenting motion conventions and best practices for future artists to use.
- Operate as the single expert on motion graphics on the Wild Rift team, able to educate, document, and represent what motion can be used for and when it shouldn't be used.
- Breathe life into the Wild Rift experience by adding dynamic elements and visual effects to static artwork.
- Thoughtfully navigate feedback with Riot and external partners to achieve the products goals.
- Use multiple technical formats of League of Legends style animations in the most efficient and performant way that achieves the goals of Wild Rift.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a motion graphics artist.
- Experience animating dynamic and functional User Interfaces at a high-quality level.
- Experience working in 3D with motion including Maya, 3dMax, or other industry standard plug ins.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite including After Effects.
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP and style
- Experience in Unity with the desire to program in Unity
- Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
- Knowledge of writing shaders in HLSL
- Knowledge of FSM or C# fundamentals
- Available to travel outside of the US multiple times per year
- Mandarin speaking
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).