Manager, Software Engineering - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Manager, Software Engineering on the modes team, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll work with a diverse leadership team to lead a small, passionate team of developers in the delivery of exciting new modes for VALORANT and our players.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter. You will build full stack of Game Modes from scalable backend services to performant game client and server tech. You'll manage the technical direction for how game modes are built and scaled in production. You will report to the Sr Manager and create exciting ways for players to engage with VALORANT.
- Create an engineering vision with the team and important partners across the game
- Work across our tech stack: golang services and infrastructure internals, client/server game systems in C++ and UE4 blueprints.
- Work with internal development teams to ensure new agents, ui, and gameplay features are built with consideration for Modes needs
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
- Lead team members to build talent over the long term
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
- 1+ years of experience with C++
- 1+ years professional experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience working in the games industry
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Interest in developing game systems in UE4 (Blueprint/C++)
- Experience working on competitive multiplayer games
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Engagement with the Shooter Genre
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).