As a Game Designer, you will design and improve the player experience. Your in-depth analysis, player insight, and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Game Designer on the Teamfight Tactics team, you'll report to the Lead Designer and will contribute meaningfully to the design of the set releases for Teamfight Tactics. Your systems, mechanics and thematic understanding of what makes great traits and champions will create sets that keep players delighted with each set and each patch. Having an understanding of Teamfight Tactics or other deep strategy games will be crucial to understanding what appeals to our players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
- Work with the Lead Designer, greater design team and team leadership to always improve the game experience across many seasons of releases.
- Represent and evolve the design needs and goals for content changes to a large, diverse team.
- Determine and prototype experimental content for future TFT set releases
- Design best-in-genre gameplay and maintain the delivery schedule for multiple large blocks of champions, traits, and supporting systems.
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design experience
- History of feature ownership in high speed development situations with numerous successes managing tradeoffs between bold goals and shipping value to players.
- Multiple examples of building large systems with broad sets of requirements at the heart of the player experience.
- Can describe the details of complex design structures and partner with diverse team members to bring those elements to players.
- History of implementation skills, able to build their vision for the game and take projects across the finish line with sustainable implementation grounded in best practices.
- Can describe the many audiences a feature serves, its place in the holistic experience of the game, and a passion for helping others bring content to life for players.
- Strong understanding of TFT gameplay and characters
- Can build a structured approach for complex game systems that maintain game quality while minimizing complexity and exploits
- Practiced skill giving detailed mentorship and feedback to other designers on their teams.
- Experience with opportunity finding and early stage pitches that cover a broad range of possible approaches
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).