In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. The League Championship Series (the LCS) represents the pinnacle of professional esports in North America. Recently Riot has put the “s” in Riot Games, adding Team Fight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT and soon Wild Rift to our roster of games. The NA Esports team is the group responsible for organizing and operating competition in each of Riot’s Games in North America. This includes defining regional policies for each esport and competition, driving competitive narratives, and supporting our teams, players and fans. Our vision is to bring joy to fans by fostering a thriving sport ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
As a Esports Content Producer for Content Services, you will lead and contribute to the story development and execution of Riot’s NA + OCE Esports broadcasts and shoulder content programming, including weekly teases, features, and promos. You will collaborate closely with the Esports Product Teams, Publishing, and Content Services to create compelling video form narratives that showcase the personalities of our esports pros, increasing audience engagement, retention, and product sentiment.
Using your keen understanding of competitive League of Legends, VALORANT, TFT, Wild Rift, and other Riot Esports, you will make editorial prioritizations and storytelling choices to create compelling and resonant entertainment experiences for our audiences.
You will participate in story development, piloting processes, pitch meetings to contribute to our rich esports ecosystem. You will collaborate with others producers on the Story Team, as well as members of the Live Broadcasts, NA Esports Technology, and Events Production to create assets that build towards fandom. You will attend and contribute to weekly story meetings and help inform decisions about what stories the team will tell. You will collaborate closely with our Business Development and Publishing teams to create content with rich sponsor integration possibilities. You will interpret audience data to create stories that drive towards our product strategies and business goals.
From time to time, you may also assist with creating content for our International Events for LoL Esports and VAL Esports.
- Concept, Pitch, and Create compelling stories from scripting through post.
- Conduct interviews with esports personalities to turn into teases and features.
- Establish vision for field shoots, including photography, set design, and wardrobe choices.
- Work with editors to insure story vision is reflected through edit.
- Facilitate story meetings, read throughs, rehearsals
- Collaborate with on-air Talent to develop storylines for pilots, shows, and seasonal arcs
- Collaborate with the live production teams and league officials to create a broadcast experience that reflects the highest level of competitive integrity
- Partner with other internal Riot departments, such as Broadcast Production Management, Player Management, League Operations, Business Development, and Publishing to drive sponsorship and revenue opportunities
- Produce field shoots that insure the legacy of our sports through live event through media management and storage
- Exercise quality control of all aspects of production, video, sound, graphics, observing, and music
- Collaborate with teammates to drive diversity, resilience, and a team first winning culture.
- 3+ years of experience in production.
- 3+ years of experience in storytelling video production.
- Extensive knowledge of Esports storylines, teams and players.
- Solid leadership skills - experience leading a team in a production environment.
- 3+ years of experience in video production.
- 5+ years of experience as a storytelling video producer.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.