Director, Marketing (Studios)
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn’t stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we’re building a new team that will continue to bring Riot’s IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This Entertainment team will imagine and develop bespoke IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products and beyond - that deepen players’ and fans’ connections to the universe we’ve created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will strive to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As Director, Marketing (Studios), reporting in to the VP of Marketing you will develop and lead the overall marketing strategy (including vision, goals, and prioritization) that guides the planning and execution of all marketing and player-facing communications generated by Riot’s Entertainment projects.
- Recruit and lead a high-powered Marketing team to provide end to end execution of entertainment focused marketing campaigns
- Develop and own marketing strategy for all products within Riot’s entertainment portfolio and communicate strategy across the broader Publishing department
- Contribute marketing perspective to development process within Riot’s entertainment endeavors
- Guide successful execution for all marketing products within the team, including building a clear definition of Riot’s Entertainment brands, establishing positioning for product releases, and defining tentpole moments
- Drive goals established by Riot leadership, and operate within cost constraints established by leadership
- Partner with our insights teams to build and measure comprehensive goals
- Essential liaison, ensuring collaboration between entertainment focused marketing efforts and Riot overall marketing efforts, and ensuring connection to Worldwide Publishing organization
- 8+ years marketing experience, preferably at a studio, streaming network, or ad agency within the entertainment industry
- Expert in the craft of Marketing and current tactics and capabilities required to successfully market film and TV efforts worldwide
- Effectively use research, internal data and market analysis to do structured quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience working with various team members and leading through influence across different teams and departments
- Ability to operate in highly ambiguous environments with strong self-direction
- Ability to move teams towards a unified vision and objective
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).