Data Scientist II - League, Modes
As Riot continues to create games and content to our passionate players, our Data discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on building and maintaining data products that support our growth. Whether you are a Data Scientist building machine learning and AI models, a Data Engineer bringing scale and efficiency to systems, or a Software Engineer developing data systems as part of our live games, we need you to help push forward our "Player Experience First" aspirations.
As a Data Scientist II on the League Data Central team, you will be an advocate for and build data products to support the games and functions of the organization. You will report to the Data Science Manager on League Data Central, the hub for all Data Science and Data Engineering for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift. The team collaborates on cross-functional projects that range from in-game features to content design to infrastructure. In a world of high volume data, you will develop products that bring personalized experiences to players, optimize our strategy, and refine in-game features.
- You will collaborate with team leadership and product leads to build data science products that directly impact League of Legends systems and player experience
- Partner with product leads to create insights and frameworks that will inform the strategic direction of our products
- You will identify opportunities for data-driven approaches that provide value to teams across the organization, and champion data solutions to product leads and engineers
- You will continually improve our data science practice by identifying novel techniques and technical approaches
- You will represent data products to non-technical partners and collaborators
- Ph.D. or Masters Degree with 1+ years experience. Educational background in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, Physics, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field or equivalent experience
- Hands-on programming experience in Python and SQL
- Deep knowledge of data science methodologies, including machine learning, statistics, deep learning, optimization
- Experience with data science use cases and data engineering concepts (e.g., modeling, pipelines, distributed processing)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You will present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority within the organization
Desired Qualifications :
- Experience collaborating with a Product team to provide data solutions
- Experience with Scala, Spark, big data tech (e.g., Hadoop)
- Experience with cloud data tools (e.g., AWS, GCP)
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with elo rating or similar ranking and match-making systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).