Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer you will work closely with Design, Animation, and Audio to create new gameplay experiences and take ownership over large gameplay features. You will be working on an early stage incubation project so a flexible mindset is a must, and your opportunity to participate in design and have your voice as part of the product will be high.
- Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
- Build, improve, and maintain gameplay systems.
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
- Own a problem or feature and see it to resolution.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Excellent C/C++ skills. 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
Nice to Have
- CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
- Console programming experience on a AAA game.
- Prior professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.