Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Narrative Technical Designer to join our Star Wars team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about third-person action-adventure games and experienced in the technical development and implementation of narrative-focused gameplay systems. We are picturing someone with high technical aptitude, rigorous attention to detail, an inventive streak, and strong narrative sensibilities who can embrace our game development philosophy and help us create an incredible experience for our players.
What you’ll do…
- Help design and architect technical systems that support delivering compelling, engaging, and immersive game experiences.
- Explore and adapt new ways to bring characters to life with a practical approach that blends into, or seamlessly with, gameplay.
- Work with many different disciplines throughout the team (Character Art, Technical Animation, Animation, Level Design, Combat Design, Dialogue Design, Writing, etc) when requesting and crafting content to go into these systems.
Ideally, you will have…
- Professional experience in the games industry working as a developer in a role with a significant technical focus, shipping at least one title.
- A strong understanding of Unreal 4 including practical experience with Blueprint scripting.
- A general technical background and aptitude, including at least one text programming language, and a sense of how to architect systems for extensibility, flexibility and performance, using such concepts as inheritance, components, code reuse, encapsulation, and interfaces.
- A preference for prototyping and building interactive systems over paper design and writing.
- Familiarity with animation state machines, AI behavior trees, and Sequencer.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits!
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.