Lead QA Analyst (Star Wars Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Respawn Entertainment is an Oscar winning AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making high quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. This includes collaboration with the QA Development Managers to deliver against schedules and ensure the creation, implementation and execution of test coverage and project metrics.
We’re picturing someone who is experienced in game development, passionate and eager about quality, and uses data to protect the player experience. They will work embedded within team, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA, have a strong Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Quality Designers are the owners for a product or major service/feature. Focused on ensuring project deliverables are being completed on time through active participation in test duties and processes while maintaining EA’s high standard of end-to-end quality. They will leverage data for planning and drive the building of dashboards to inform project metrics. Additionally, they will focus on continually improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies and impacting departmental initiatives.
Understanding metrics and KPIs to inform and drive project health while actively engaging in daily test routines and responsibilities. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback as part of daily test routines. Establishing effective working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team, internal development and engineering teams and the outside business partners are critical to success in this role.
Core responsibilities expected, but not limited to are as follows:
- Proactive self-starter and motivator with the ability to jump in where necessary
- Be a mentor for QA teams, help solve complex problems, and grow their skills
- Can prioritize and coordinate multiple work streams in task execution and task management.
- Comfortable interfacing with a number of internal and external team and multidisciplinary and domain experts
- Develop working relationships with senior members of the development, production, and design teams by guiding a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Propose and bring solutions to problems from senior leadership.
- End-to-end ownership of the quality strategy.
- Understand past and similar iterations of services, perform analysis, use data, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
- Support the Production group with defining the qualitative strategy for the title(s). The Quality Designer works directly with senior Production members to ensure that indicators are in-place to validate quality assumptions, and to track progress over time.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across multiple teams and across multiple studios.
- Help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other partners.
- 5 years experience as a game analyst/feature owner
- Open-minded, progressive thinking while remaining flexible, energetic, and driven to overcome challenges with practical solutions.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Compile data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and applicable summary to senior partners.
- Experience with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with the design team from concept to final/live service as an advocate of game quality
- Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
- Experience with automation frameworks a plus
- Can plan and communicate technical/automation requirements and potential value to partners (has demonstrated in past)
- Proficient with the auditing of defects.
- Guide QA evolution by proposing workflow improvements learned through QA communities.
- Meta/Game Balance
- Modes/Live Events
- Content creation workflows (Characters, Worlds, UI)
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.