C++ Software Engineer - OS Tools (Apex Legends)
We are looking for a tools engineer to join our expanding Apex tools team.
Respawn puts a big emphasis on fun game-play. We want responsive, immersive game-play that just feels right. Every detail matters - from the super-responsive controls to the immersive audio, characters, and world in which the player resides.
You are passionate about making great games in a collaborative environment with teams of accomplished developers. You enjoy working with content creators, such as animators, artists and level designers to understand and improve development workflows and pipelines, removing frustrations for the content teams and generally improving their quality-of-life, freeing them up to use their strengths.
What You’ll Do...Be part of a small and agile tools team creating and improving existing content tools and pipelines. Your primary customers are the content teams, i.e. animators, level designers, engineers, 3D artists, 2D artists and the like.
Write C/C++/C# code and different scripting languages.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- C/C++, and C# skills. Nice to have Python or other scripting language experience.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and you can work on code that you didn't write. Experience optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Been part of a team that has shipped at least one AAA title.
- Minimum two years’ professional experience as an engineer on a game/tools team.
- CS degree preferred.