Build Engineer - C# (Star Wars)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We are looking for a Build & Release Engineer who will work closely within the Build & Releaseteam that maintains and improves the code release and automation pipeline. You will manage Continuous Integration, deployment, and other automated processes to improve the workflow of our development
- Managing and documenting deployment processes and automation.
- Environment management to ensure all needs are covered for testing and development.
- Communicating issues to the development team.
- Working with developers and QA to ensure builds are stable upon release.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting build problems, and advertising these to the team.
- Assist and support developers.
- Maintain and improve the technical build pipeline
- Report to the Manager of the Build and Release team
- Help support and develop custom tooling for builds
- 3+ years of configuration management/build systems experience ideally supporting an Agile
- Familiarity with C# and/or Java
- Scripting and automation skills in one of Groovy, Python, or similar.
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, Quickbuild, TeamCity or
- Experience with Perforce or equivalent SCM.
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent.
- Experience in Confluence or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Above all, an enthusiasm for figuring stuff out, and an enjoyment of multitasking
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.