AI Gameplay Programmer
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We're looking for an AI Programmer to design and build scalable, cross-platform AI systems that will influence the quality of the player experience. Your efforts will help us engage with our players and ensure we are delivering a compelling game.
As our AI Programmer, here’s what you will be doing...
- Research cutting edge methods and architect systems for real time strategy AI at multiple levels including units, squads and systems for multiplayer and campaign based gameplay
- Work with designers to analyze new game features and implement solutions using data driven modular AI systems
- Drive AI development planning to set the technical vision across multiple titles
- Maintain and update tools for AI automation, development, and debugging
- Optimize AI functionality to meet CPU and memory performance budgets
- Develop, set and enforce AI development best practices
Your a great fit if you have...
- Has shipped AI features or systems for AAA titles on PC or console platforms
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent/relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of C++ language
- A desire to learn and grow with us
It is a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with samples of your code
- Experience with scripting languages such as Lua or Python
- Some experience with machine learning systems such as DNNs
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.