Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Under the supervision of the CFO and with the support of the accounting technician, the controller is responsible for the complete accounting cycle of the company.
- Analyzes and presents complete monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements;
- Validate period-end entries and ensure timely monthly, quarterly and annual closings;
- Validates the accuracy of monthly results with the support of the analyst as required;
- Supervise the payables and receivables process;
- Supervise the accounting process related to payroll in collaboration with the Human Resources Department;
- Ensure proper cash and payment management;
- Support management in the financing strategy, including obtaining loans and grants;
- Participate in the identification of needs for improvements to accounting systems and collaborate in their implementation;
- Manage the audit process;
- Ensure compliance with the company's tax obligations;
- Review and improve accounting policies and processes;
- Approve certain expenses according to an authorization matrix;
- Serve as the main point of contact with government authorities;
- Maintain the confidentiality of information on financial data as well as on current and future projects.
- University degree in accounting;
- CPA designation;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience;
- Interest and curiosity in the field of digital entertainment;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Ability to lead several projects simultaneously while managing time and priorities;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and good stress tolerance;
- Professionalism in interactions with colleagues and senior management;
- Excellent mastery of Excel, PowerPoint and other office suite tools;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.