Rec Room is a virtual universe where you can create and play games with your friends. Our Economy team is looking for a Software Engineer to build and expand the systems that power Rec Room’s virtual economy.
Economy at Rec Room is about more than just microtransactions. Our team not only designs and builds content that makes Rec Room more valuable for players, but we also develop new ways for those players to benefit from the content they create - including earning real money from their work. Join us and you can help build a robust player-to-player marketplace where creators can buy, sell, and trade their user-generated-content (UGC) creations.
We also care deeply about doing all of this in an ethical way. We live by the principle that “it’s a small world” - we respect our customers, and value long term connections over making a quick buck. As an engineer on the Economy team, you’ll be empowering creators with new monetization tools that place player experience over profits.
In this role you will:
- Develop new features that make Rec Room more exciting and valuable for players
- Design, build, and maintain tools that unlock new ways for players to monetize their creations
- Proactively prototype new ideas and solutions
- Use metrics to track feature performance and inform design decisions
- Build robust systems and tools that can stand up to malicious actors
- Contribute creatively to the game and economy design process
- Work on a wide variety of features and collaborate across teams and disciplines
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready C-family code (e.g. C#, C++)
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience with and passion for in-game economies
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with metrics/telemetry
- Experience with and passion for design
- Local to the Seattle area or willing to relocate
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.