As a Photogrammetry Vehicle Artist at Rebellion Oxford, you will be part of a dedicated team that is responsible for high-end 3d asset creation, from shooting photos to final game engine implementation.
This role is full-time. We are a licensed visa sponsor and will consider permanent/full-time applicants only.
Ideal candidates should be passionate about creating photorealistic vehicle assets, including tanks, cars, artillery, trains and other large machines; 3d modelling, texturing and implementing artwork into a game engine.
Include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability of asset creation: from high-resolution raw scans or sculpts to final game models displaying topology, LODs, UVs and textures.
Knowledge of photogrammetry pipelines as well as technical photography principles is a bonus, but not a strict requirement.
Experience of a full game production cycle on at least 1 published game would be preferred but not necessary.
- Travel to a wide variety of locations, both in the UK and abroad, on multi-day trips with the team.
- 3D scan & photograph various vehicles and similar items using professional cameras and other equipment.
- Process photos and create 3d assets and materials using Camera Raw and Reality Capture.
- Be responsible for geometry clean-up, sculpting, low-poly creation, baking and final PBR textures in Substance Painter. Implementing technical meshes, source assets to a functional and aesthetic brief.
- Implement vehicle assets to the game engine, with final model/material setup, technical meshes and setup for animation.
- Be meticulous in naming/storing/sorting data.
- Be diligent about using, organising and maintaining scanning equipment.
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Work effectively and independently, prioritising your own tasks.
- Create briefs and provide feedback for outsource artists when required.
- Excellent hard-surface modelling skills for both cleanup and implementation of photogrammetry sourced items, but also to fix, alter and create elements where no data is available.
- Forward thinking about asset creation techniques, processes and pipelines with a focus on improving collaboration within a multi-disciplined art department.
- Expert modelling and UV skills with a recognised 3d package such as Maya, 3ds Max or Blender.
- To be conversant with hi-res workflow, sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox and with normal map baking.
- Fluent in PBR material creation pipelines with Substance Painter & Designer.
- Skills in a recognised 2d package such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrable experience of using game engines.
- Willingness and general fitness to go on multi-day scanning trips with the team, doing short hikes with our equipment to get to the target location and handle a professional camera kit for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge and experience with out-source pipelines would be advantageous.
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets.
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction.
- Knowledge of military vehicles and WW2 would be an advantage.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries