PR Lead, Americas
The PR Lead Americas is responsible for developing and implementing communication strategy for Razer in the North and South America regions. Reporting to the regional head of marketing, and supporting the global PR team, this position leads communication and PR activities for all business units including PC Peripherals, PC Systems, Video Game accessories, Mobile, Services and other product categories. This role will serve as a communications strategist, team leader and advisor to regional leaders, ensuring support for the Razer brand, product, corporate communications, investor relations and community relations.
- Develop and implement targeted communication strategies for the North, Central and South American markets to support company, brand, and product initiatives.
- Lead regional communications team and external PR agencies.
- Create breakthrough Earned Media strategies and activation frameworks to build brand awareness and affinity, elevate brand equity, engage new consumers, and inspire loyalty.
- Represent company as a spokesperson with media.
- Closely collaborate with regional marketing and social teams.
- Identify and manage collaboration with influencers, streamers, and esports organizations.
- Strategize business and brand editorial stories and develop & execute a strategy to highlight the key brand executives and spokespersons through modern storytelling; includes developing messaging and conducting any media trainings.
- Establish strategic media relations plans for new product launches and hero products.
- Identify KPI's and maintain and leverage reporting tools to demonstrate results/success including Share of Voice.
- Implement the organization's public relations strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain current database of public relations contacts and record of communications.
- Coordinate public relations activities with promotional, events and sales activities.
- Manage the distribution of product samples and other marketing resources.
- Travel as needed up to 15% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or combination of education and experience. Journalism or Communications background is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in effectively managing internal PR team and external PR agencies.
- Experience within consumer electronics industry, preferably gaming hardware is a plus.
- Excellent technical communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and communication skills.
Razer™ is the world's leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities.
With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world's largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services.
Razer's award-winning hardware includes high-performance gaming peripherals and Blade gaming laptops.
Razer's software platform, with over 100 million users, includes Razer Synapse (an Internet of Things platform), Razer Chroma RGB (a proprietary RGB lighting technology system), and Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher).
In services, Razer Gold is one of the world's largest virtual credit services for gamers, and Razer Fintech is one of the largest offline-to-online digital payment networks in SE Asia.
Founded in 2005 and dual-headquartered in Irvine (California) and Singapore, Razer has 16 offices worldwide and is recognized as the leading brand for gamers in the USA, Europe and China. Razer is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 1337).