At the core of Epic and Psyonix’s success are talented, passionate people. Psyonix prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Discipline at Psyonix
What we do
Psyonix and Epic are looking for a Director of Product to join our Product Management Leadership team to work on Rocket League!
What you will do
You will partner with development to drive features that support user growth and monetization, work with the development team to continuously groom the roadmap to ensure the highest impact items are prioritized.
In this role, you will
- Partner with development to drive features that support user growth and monetization, work with the development team to continuously groom the roadmap to ensure the highest impact items are prioritized.
- Work with development team and other functions that drive initiatives out of game that improve monetization and increase user growth
- Develop and present opportunities to drive increased user growth, engagement, and monetization to senior leadership.
- Analyze daily/weekly KPIs and develop insights on engagement and monetization performance. Partner with other functions to ensure those insights are shared with Psyonix and supporting Epic teams. Utilize these insights to make meaningful improvements to game KPIs.
- Work with Psyonix leadership to ensure that feature and IP content cadence will support the revenue plan that the team has signed off on. Call out any potential concerns/red flags with the plan as needed and provide recommendations on changes that need to happen to stay on plan.
- Model expected outcomes for feature/content releases to help us better estimate the impact of these releases and adjust planning going forward
- Build and update annual forecasts for user growth and revenue, and align with Strategic Finance on these targets.
- Drive strategy and optimizations to maximize user growth and retention on new products (ex. Rocket League Sideswipe) through all stages of launch (Alpha, Beta, and Worldwide).
- Provide ad hoc analytics support for questions that arise during weekly Product/Analytics/Marketing meetings, and leverage findings to drive actionable changes in the game
What we are looking for
- Passion for games and platform technologies
- 8+ years of product management or related experience.
- Experience building and leading a team of product managers, working with cross-functional and cross-product area partners and working across product areas.
- You possess a bias towards action and experience creating, executing and delivering against a product roadmap and driving business impact.
- Experience in the live-operation of a successful free-to-play/freemium business model.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to structure analysis and find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data.
- Exceptional customer sensibility and empathy, with expertise creating product/feature specs with clear business justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frames
- Past experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product iteration, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights, and design experimentation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience, advanced degrees a plus
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.