Senior / Principal Software Engineer
This position has multiple opportunities across our family of companies.
What do we have to offer you? You will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative team that embraces new and different ideas. We are a fun, energetic, passionate and enthusiastic bunch of people who love video games. We have incredibly talented people who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. This means that you will have opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
Role and responsibilities
- Design and develop new features for our platform and engine code, in support of our multiple games on PC, console, mobile;
- Help optimize performance of our backend, server, and networking code through data driven experimentation;
- Lead the design and implementation of next-generation data platforms and products;
- Provide and document reliable and cost-effective solutions in multiple problem spaces, including applications, deployment, and monitoring;
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project;
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products;
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code;
- Participate in code and architecture reviews;
- Bug Fixing, especially with more technically challenging systems.
Our candidates have:
- Five (5) + years of C/C++ systems programming experience in the games industry;
- Game development experience;
- Previous work experience on a medium-to-large team;
- Excellent communication across disciplines;
- Passionate about making great games;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4;
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science.
Preferred candidates have:
- Experience working with live deployed environments;
- Experience with Perforce and JIRA.