Senior Technical Artist
Proletariat is seeking candidates for a Senior Technical Artist role to work on our latest title, Spellbreak, as well as any unannounced products in development. The most successful candidate for this role would be an individual contributor that ensures that art and animation of the game are enhanced by the use of technical processes, systems and software.
- Works directly with artists and programmers to develop software tools and scripts that enhance the creation of art and animation.
- Prepares and implements technical aspects of art within the creative and technical specifications of the game.
- Writes low-level software code and scripts necessary for art implementation.
- Implements art assets on assigned portions of the game, typically in modules requiring technical art features.
- Absolutely reliable for the timely creation of 100% technically solid art
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Skinning and rigging character in Maya
- Apply in-game physics and rigging in Unreal
- Help design, manage, and maintain character asset integration pipeline
- Solve in-game character related issues using Unreal Blueprints and other engine features
- Provide and manage feedback on assets from external vendors
- Motivates peers toward excellence
- Able to work unsupervised for long periods and able to supervise others.
- Can be considered to lead art workshops
- 5+ years of progressively complex related experience in an iterative, agile environment
- Solves complex problems with technical solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive, embraces critiques
- Experience working in Unreal Engine4/Unreal Engine Blueprints preferred
- Prior experience with rigging character models preferred
- Experience with Maya Scriptings such as MEL, Python, or PyMel
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems
- Can be relied upon to quickly learn new processes and software as dictated by project needs
- Experience with automating tasks and creating tools in Maya or Unreal Editor with scriptings
- Familiar with character animation system in Unreal (ie. Animation Blueprint, Blendspace, Animation Montage, Pose Asset)
- Has working knowledge of the games industry and keeps up with innovative games and games that set high visual bars.
- Understands the audience and appreciates games