Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to kick off the genesis of our QA team. You will get to use the full breadth of your experience to help design and code a new testing platform that will be used by multiple teams for many years to come. No more long nights hacking urgently needed functionality into a dead codebase that should have been purged from source control many years ago. Development done right as you work directly with the game teams to design, create, and push into production the systems required to test great games.
Who You Are:
- Senior Developer that enjoys both designing and coding.
- Ideally has worked with Unreal Engine, at minimum has experience with game engines.
- Console's experience is a bonus.
- Wants to see their work evolve over time.
What You Will Do:
- Each sprint: Prioritize, gather requirements, design, code, test, deploy to the test and game team.
- As a domain expert, you will likely be asked to evaluate software, workflows & give recommendations for process improvement.
- As engineering staff you will advise on and help implement software best practices, sometimes helping train others.
- Most importantly, stand up an amazing testing platform.
- At least 8 years in software development
- At least 3 years in Test Engineering & been through 1 full game cycle