Lead Level Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Lead Level Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Lead Level Designer is responsible for being the main advocate for the quality of environmental gameplay and putting our Level Designers in the best position to succeed.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extraordinarily passionate about building spaces for competitive shooters. You enjoy picking apart your favorite PvP shooter maps, imagining how you would make them better, and frequently cracking open a map editor just for fun.
- You are an accomplished PvP Level Designer. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped PvP maps, which includes a few gems that look amazing and are beloved by players.
- You take pride in your ability to mentor other Level Designers to success. You create insightful best practices, communicate in a way that's inspiring, and keep the Level Design staff empowered and creatively aligned.
- You are literate enough in environmental art and content creation to reliably put artists in a position to do their best work and create inspiring team dynamics.
- You have a great instinct for the best way to balance art and Level Design, so spaces simultaneously look great and play amazing.
- You are incredibly knowledgeable about PvP Level Design tools and workflow. You can work directly with tools engineers to make sure we have truly exceptional tools.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Working with our designers to update our Level Design best practices.
- Getting your hands dirty and working directly on creating a new map.
- Helping a Level Designer debug why a space isn't coming together by applying concise design principles.
- Participating in a weekly sync with other lead and senior designers.
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can improve it.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience
- You have strong knowledge and experience with modern shooter level design
- You have experience successfully managing Level Designers
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.