(Closed) Inbound Sales Development Representative
Who We Are
PowerSpike is a media & technology company focused on building the most compelling and streamlined destination for activating sponsorships within gaming communities. PowerSpike collaborates with 20,000+ gaming and esports influencers to execute premium, authentic influencer marketing campaigns. PowerSpike’s influencer network reaches over 125M viewers every month and grew over 1000% in 2018. The 4-year-old company is backed by Techstars, Cox Enterprises, the Sixers Innovation Lab, the Dorm Room Fund, and Ocean Azul Partners.
What we’re building
PowerSpike is building the world’s first Influencer Exchange.
Like a traditional ad exchange, where buyers can place bids for ads in real-time, PowerSpike’s technology instead enables brands to bid on influencers. We’re taking the simple and streamlined experience of programmatic advertising, and combining it with the authenticity of influencer marketing to deliver instantly scalable influencer campaigns. Think Google Ads meets influencers.
Currently focused on the gaming space, our technology enables brands like Intuit TurboTax and Activision Blizzard to launch influencer campaigns across our network of over 20,000+ Twitch streamers, just like they'd make a media buy.
Your work will directly help influencers pursue their dreams and assist some of the biggest brands in the world in streamlining their influencer marketing efforts.
What we need
We’re looking for a hungry, driven, motivated, and customer centric Inbound Sales Development Representative to help new clients to succeed on the PowerSpike platform.
Working closely with the accounts team, and reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for closing new deals with inbound brand clients seeking to utilize the PowerSpike platform for their marketing efforts. You will be the first point of contact for many brands and will be responsible for closing deals that will enable them to reach hundreds of thousands of viewers in the gaming and esports space. Your work will directly help thousands of creators to make streaming their full-time career.
We value learning, creativity, radical candor, positivity and collaboration - and as one of the first people at PowerSpike, we’re looking for someone who can help us define our culture and processes for years to come. Simply put, we believe in hiring A+ people, giving them clarity in what success means, and then supporting them to their fullest potential.
As inbound sales leader, you will need to possess the following sales skills. The ability to:
Promptly responding to inbound leads to schedule:
- Initial client compatibility discovery
- Sales Demonstrations
- Provide pricing proposals
- Close validated opportunities
- Assist in the creation of client compatibility criteria to assist in determining legitimate opportunities from those that require nurturing or that do not fit the Powerspike model.
- Become an expert in PowerSpike’s sales story and product
- Conduct over the phone, video, and face to face meetings with prospective inbound clients
- Identify the communication style of prospective clients
- Effectively build rapport that fosters a long term sales partnership
- Ask qualifying questions to understand each client’s needs and goals and then apply how PowerSpike’s solutions can effectively meet and exceed their expectations
- Create and present sales proposals & presentations to prospective clients
- Create, send and close sales contracts with new prospects
- Maintain an up to date pipeline of new prospects, demonstrations, and proposals
- Continuously follow up with prospects who may be falling out of the sales cycle
- Select a personalized gift to send to each new client you successfully close
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals
- Work closely with the Account Management team to create successful transition of new clients
- Work closely with the Influencer Operations and Acquisition team to effectively communicate new client expectations and determine the feasibility of client requests
- 2-4+ years experience with inbound sales
- Strong knowledge of the streaming and gaming ecosystems
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- A strong desire to learn
- Desire to work in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment
- Ability to learn fast, adapt quickly, wear many hats, and hit the ground running
BONUS POINTS IF
- You’ve worked at a startup or attempted to launch your own startup before (even if it failed)
- You have a network of DTC brands or agencies who you’ve worked with in the past
- Competitive compensation
- Commission plan for new deals closed
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Medical Insurance
- Budget to upgrade your gaming rig
- Early access to new products, games and services emerging in the space
- Opportunity to be on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing startups in the gaming ecosystem
PowerSpike, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.