(Closed) Senior Business Development Associate
Senior Associate, Business Development
The fastest-growing high school sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School esports. We offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
We are beginning our hyper growth journey, with the dream of being a Los Angeles based tech unicorn!
This role will tackle key priorities that amplify the growth of PlayVS through business development and strategic partnership efforts. Using deal making and partner management experience from past environments, this person will negotiate and manage deals that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a critical thinker who can build strategic relationships and put together creative and lucrative deal frameworks that are mutually beneficial for PlayVS and the partner.
This is a dynamic, client-facing role requiring proven partnership ability. The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and work cross functionally.
- Negotiate and close complex commercial partnership agreements with game publishers, brand, platform, media and technology partners
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners at all levels of the business
- Develop, coordinate, and execute an effective go to market strategy for partnerships
- Support in all aspects of deal execution, including structuring and negotiation, prioritization of partners, contracting and implementation
- Grow new partnerships and maintain existing relationships, optimizing the deal terms
- Identify opportunities to grow the business and expand PlayVS ecosystem through new verticals
- Listen to the needs of our partners and effectively communicate actionable customer and partner feedback to operations, marketing, product, engineering, and leadership teams, helping shape roadmaps
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Marketing, Legal, Product, Data & QA and Business Operations
- Work closely with your team to strategically assess our current processes and continually identify opportunities for improvement
- Pitch in and support the business however you can! We're a lean team working in a fast-paced environment; when challenges come up you'll be a key player in diagnosis, resolution, and solutioning
Qualifications / You have:
- 3-6 years experience in Business Development and Strategic Partnership roles
- BA/BS required
- Proven ability to negotiate and close complex contracts with large companies
- Experience evaluating opportunities with regard to impact on strategy, brand, finance and operations
- Strong strategic thinking, ability to develop a vision
- Experience with unique pricing frameworks
- Proven ability to successfully work with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive partner discussions from discovery to implementation
- Effective project management skills with high attention to detail and process driven
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Adaptability to function as a deal lead and strategic partner manager
- Entrepreneurial, works independently, and enjoys value-creation with partners
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and to do what it takes to get the job done
- Experience in early stage, fast growing companies or gaming a plus
- A positive attitude, a collaborative spirit, and a strong desire to achieve goals