PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Key Function and Responsibility of the Role:
An exciting opportunity to join the global marketing team that leads content and operations for PlayStation.com - marketing some of the world’s most popular products, services and experiences! We’re looking for an avid gamer, brand-fanatic and/or a digitally savvy publishing guru – creative, strategic and highly organized.
As a Web Producer you’ll contribute to the global editorial calendar and be responsible for the day-to-day content planning, curation, creation, distribution, optimization and amplification on PlayStation.com and associated outlets.
You’re an experienced content producer with an excellent understanding of how to create innovative and engaging assets - from editorial copy to rich media, short and long form. You will work alongside a team and multiple collaborators to ensure that content featured on the site is up to date, relevant, engaging and on-brand. You’ll be supporting the global program, editorial process and content strategy that fuels SIE’s (Sony Interactive Entertainment) flagship website (PlayStation.com), in turn driving player engagement and business objectives.
Whether supporting our hardware platforms, our online services, or our games, the team will be responsible for ensuring we have the content that our players are looking for (and our business requires) before they come looking for it.
This international team and will require working with a distributed team across multiple time zones, including territory support.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in daily content creation and management on PlayStation.com, including product and campaign landing pages
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal/external teams to sync, plan, build and publish effective digital content in support of marketing campaigns across software, hardware and services
- Update and/or maintain editorial calendar as needed
- Assist in the request, creation, and management of assets for use on PlayStation.com
- Ensure our key user journeys always work as expected
- Ensure content is published to a quality level with a consistent tone of voice
- Support the needs of 36+ territory marketing teams in their BAU management of local web initiatives and timely page activations
- Operational tasks such as localization, site QA, vanity URL setup, keyword optimization
- Track and respond to performance data to ensure PlayStation's content marketing initiatives are reaching as wide an audience as possible - driving traffic and engagement (per team KPIs)
- In collaboration with the SEO manager, use current SEO techniques to enhance impact of content
- Identify and take advantage of new business opportunities (new platforms, content types, trends, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required.
Required Experience & Skills
- 3+ years experience in creating content/experiences and digital media
- Strong writing skills and a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrated digital publishing experience across the content lifecycle – plan, write/produce, release, test, optimize, measure
- Understanding of the gaming industry, gamer segments, competitive landscape and digital trends
- Experience with CMS (Adobe AEM or similar preferred), web analytics (Adobe Analytics preferred) and Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with JIRA/SAP/Wrike/Slack is a plus
- Quick study, resourceful, resilient, highly organized, with a can-do attitude
- Commitment to delivering projects on time and (sometimes) in confidentiality
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and professionalism
- Fluent in English with exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in additional language(s) is a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change
- Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills - a teammate who is able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence cultural awareness
- Experience in multi-site, multi-language, global site management
- Some HTML and CSS knowledge
- Literacy in performance data metrics, and how data can be used to deliver personalized and optimized experiences
- Basic SEO competency
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.