PlayStation isn’t just the best place to play… it’s also the best place to work. With the launch of the original PlayStation in 1994, we set out to thrill gamers with amazing experiences. Our never-ending pursuit to push gaming to new heights is the reason we are recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. Under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, the PlayStation brand and experience exists because of the passionate dedication of our team who work hard for everyone to play.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Visual Arts Group and PlayStation Malaysia are a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation’s studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for Technical Artists to join our team. The role requires understanding of game production principles, experience supporting content production pipeline, expertise using 3D authoring packages such as Maya, strong coding skills, and most importantly high desire to make processes better and people’s lives easier.
Technical art is a broad term and qualified candidates will be responsible for serving as the bridge between art, animation, production and programming, examples of the duties include (and not limited to) the following: setup/maintain/standardize/improve the content pipeline, create easy to use tools, rig assets for animation/gameplay, troubleshoot technical production issues that arise, write efficient shaders, optimize game performance, and ultimately ensure the quality and timely delivery of the final product. Technical artist will work with art/design disciplines and the engineering team and help provide communication and cohesion between all groups.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our team where you will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the technical pipeline on all projects, writing tools for artists for a variety of software package, solve technical issues that arise, and ensure quality of the final product. You will work with both our art and engineering teams to provide communication and cohesion between the groups.
If you have the experience and understanding of visual effects pipelines, Autodesk Maya software, and python programming skills we want to hear from you!
- Understanding and maintaining project pipelines.
- Learning and supporting varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
- Writing, maintaining and customizing internal tools for production team.
- Solving problems in pipeline and for individuals on as-needed basis.
- Building and maintaining technical documentation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3+ years in a branch of visual effects (film, game dev, tv, etc).
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and experience developing Maya tools in Python.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively problem solve.
- PyQt/PySide experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary engines.
Nice To Have
- General knowledge of Maya rigging.
- Experience with programming languages, especially C++.
- Experience developing or maintaining system environments.
- Experiencing developing or maintaining project pipeline tools.
- Experience with perforce and/or git.
- Experience with project management and tracking software (such as Shotgun and Jira).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.