Senior Technical Business Analyst
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a data rich company, we are continuing to invest heavily within the analytics area and are now looking for a proactive result orientated business analyst within this exciting data driven team.
This is a critical and exciting role within the Strategic Insights team at SIE. The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of high quality analytical work that drives greater efficiency, business understanding, growth and better strategic decisions in the business. You will support key global projects like:
- Customer behaviour analysis, leading to prescriptive strategic business actions.
- KPI analysis through utilising statistical techniques to understand the driver and impact of key performance metrics with a variety of data insights and sources.
What you'll be doing:
As part of this team you will also be expected to support and help the team to drive usage and engagement with insights created by the wider team.
You may also be tasked with supporting other projects depending upon where the demands of the business are needed as well as working collaboratively with our wider Data Strategy & Operations team on other analytical work streams.
You will drive and champion the use of analytical and statistical best practices across the broader business functions.
What we are looking for:
Impeccable communication skills; with the ability to foster strong relationships among stakeholders both globally and locally, external agencies and other analytical/data teams across the business; always being mindful of the appropriate communication style with each group. Using stakeholder relationships to develop new workstreams and projects for yourself and other members of the team
For this role we are looking for an intelligent, insight focused, self-motivated, business-oriented team-player, data loving individual. You must have a high degree of comfort and experience of working across teams to deliver valuable strategic analytical projects that translate into actionable business benefit
- Strong analytical knowledge and logical reasoning
- Competent user of data analysis/statistical applications e.g. AWS, SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Experience in using data visualization tools such as Adobe Analytics, Tableau, MicroStrategy & Qlik etc.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts and understanding of media capabilities/ecosystem and understanding key drivers for business KPIs also a strong plus
Communication & Networking Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and influentially, both verbally and in writing.
- Specifically, ability to communicate statistical analysis, model results and learnings clearly & succinctly
- Ability to tailor the communication according to different stakeholder audiences and cultures across the business and the globe.
- Build strong relationships across the globe with other data/analytics communities
- Ability to create complete end-to-end project plans based on stakeholder interactions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to successfully manage and prioritise numerous time pressured analytical projects/work tasks simultaneously.
- When required, ability to manage Third Party relationships with sub-contractors, agencies or other collaborators, to ensure accurate, timely delivery, to a pre-agreed budget
- Interest and experience in the video gaming or digital entertainment industry
- Demonstrable experience in analytics and modelling
- Relevant Degree and strong knowledge in statistics and modelling or other mathematical degree
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.