Senior Business Manager, D2C
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This role is responsible for business strategy and operations, creating and managing the rhythm of the D2C business (RoB), delivering specific projects and initiatives, managing department team health and development initiatives, and driving business processes, procedures, and communications. This role is an extension of the leadership team and is a key factor in its success.
What you'll be doing:
Supporting leadership of D2C
- Work with head of D2C to facilitate the strategic and operational planning cycle
- Ensure Head of D2C is adequately informed, supported, and prepared - with the level of data, context and materials to support the leadership role.
- Act as a trusted adviser / advocate and help identify priorities and align activity.
- Act as a proxy for the head of D2C when working with D2C teams
- Management of leadership process; ensuring good corporate governance, reporting and execution of assigned tasks
- Act as advisor to the D2C leadership and management team
- Optimise functioning of D2C leadership forum & ways of working: identify, agree, and implement ongoing improvements
- Manage the team’s coherence; developing objectives and agendas (planning major off-sites, staff meeting, orchestrating operations reviews, annual meetings, all hands, etc.)
- Ensure cross-functional goal alignment and cultivate a holistic view of the business
- Act as liaison between other divisions (eg - Marketing, GPDR) to ensure alignment on business operations and policy as well as improve coordination across functional areas
- Support D2C leader with departmental communication and messaging: narrative, cadence, preparation of materials
Manage change initiatives across D2C
- Support the organisation and operational change programme: new ways of working or cultural objectives
- Develop holistic department staffing policies to support global ways of working
Drive D2C Strategic Initiatives
- Identify and propose cross-functional strategic initiatives for leadership team consideration
- Drive select opportunities end to end
Supporting GSBO Strategy Management and Initiatives Team
- Align communications strategy for D2C with broader GSBO communication strategy (i.e. stand up meetings, etc.)
- Execute employee engagement initiatives in alignment with broader GSBO strategy
- Track and share progress of D2C scorecards and D2C led strategic initiatives to ensure alignment with broader GSBO strategy
What we're looking for:
- The person will have the ability to act independently and responsibly within overall guidelines set by the head of D2C.
- Exceptional communication skills to enable the role to persuade, influence and inform Executives.
- Interpersonal skills to allow her/him to effectively collaborate with staff at all levels of the business to acquire information and understand the implications of decisions taken by GBO.
- Open and inquisitive and ability to build trust – to enable an important part of the role, which is to investigate opportunities to improve the business or resolve problems.
- They must have experience in management in order to command respect and cooperation from staff across multi-functional activities. Ideally an understanding of culture and
- Ambitious, self-starter able to multi-task and effectively manage priorities and able to re-prioritise as necessary to align with current business objectives
- Fastidious about meeting deadlines because you will be the hub of information
- Detail-oriented and thorough, with an ability to think “big picture” and adept at translating information into insights that drive quantifiable business impact
- Good judgement, personal accountability, high integrity
- Requirement to travel to organise/attend meetings within the SIE or Sony Groups.
- The role will be permanently located in London or San Mateo. It will also require at least 1 week per quarter in London or San Mateo (equivalent to 10%).
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.