Senior Advertising Operations Manager - Gaming and Entertainment
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Advertising Operations Manager – Gaming and Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Advertising Operations Manager is an analytically inclined strategy driver and technical master with a passion for the Gaming and Entertainment space. This is an incredible opportunity to help shape the way PlayStation’s Advertising organization measures and drives operational excellence, resulting in revenue and profit growth. This role will partner closely across Network Advertising functions and with cross-departmental teams to deliver innovative strategies and insights across Global PlayStation business units.
With proven understanding of both advertising and the gaming or entertainment industries, this role is responsible for driving revenue through operational excellence and visibility. Designing innovative approaches with data and technology to build solutions for the business.
- Facilitate and execute tasks involved with ad campaign management; includes setup & trafficking, QA & troubleshooting, monitoring performance & delivery, reporting & analytics, optimization, billing & budgeting, strategic planning, etc.
- Collaborate with relevant cross-functional teams to achieve client goals and raise awareness around campaign performance and recommendations.
- Proactively optimize to exceed client critical metrics and drive revenue growth/retention of our advertising clients.
- QA creative content, technical specs ensuring it adheres to all PlayStation ad and creative policies.
- Work closely with Client Solutions Managers and Client Partners to close the feedback loop on current campaigns and share data for future campaign setup.
- Support the Head of Digital Ad Operations with day to day running of the team
- Coordinate team members to manage daily workloads along with campaign delivery meeting client’s expectations
- Assisting in recruiting and training new team members
- Participate in Weekly/Monthly meetings presenting case studies and findings
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Trafficking and troubleshooting digital ad campaigns.
- Interacting with customers, prospects, agencies, analysts and staff in high profile, business critical situations.
- Establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, cross functional team environment.
- Innovative, self-starter with high work ethic!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed and analytical nature; metric driven behavior with a high degree of organization.
- Ability to travel to industry or partner events as needed.
- Excited to keep up with the latest progress and trends in ad tech!
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Prior experience utilizing ad serving and data management systems: FreeWheel, Salesforce Audience Cloud, SSP/DSPs, programmatic platforms.
- Account management or client service experience
- Working knowledge of SQL, basic HTML, and ad tag construction
Required Academic & Work Experience
- BA or BS degree in a marketing or analytical field
- 8+ years of progressive advertising operations experience
- Experience in gaming, advertising, or digital media
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.