(Closed) Security Technical Architect
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Security Technical Architect
San Mateo, CA
Our Consumer Experience team is hiring! We are looking for a hands-on technical architect who likes working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a fast-paced, and fun environment
You are a senior-level architect professional responsible for the planning, analysis, design, and review of the SIE Global Consumer Experience and Marketing applications. You are responsive to changes in business and are on the forefront of emerging technologies, driving new and better solutions to industry needs. You are required to have exceptional technical knowledge of Salesforce platform and security principles, wide breadth of knowledge with respect to other engineering fields and domains, acute business insight, and superior communication skills.
You fully understand our business needs and are able to translate these requirements into well architected solutions that best use the platform. You can assess relative risk and drive projects accordingly, with high consideration for long-term supportability and automation of any recommended direction. Our ideal team member also has strong mentorship skills and is able to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers from successful design to deployment of systems. The architect should also be known as an industry leader, developing new designs, and innovating paradigm-altering solutions. This role will have you acquire a complete understanding of SIE technology and information systems
The Architect collaborates with the Global Security Architecture.
- Design and build enterprise-class systems for both production and corporate environments
- Interacts with the Business, Program, Project, Development, Operations, and Service Integration teams to deliver complete technical solutions to our partners. Design and implement secure, scalable, compatible and high performance solutions
- Lead technical design sessions and architect/document technical solutions that are aligned with the client’s business objectives
- Distribute development tasks to team members and mentor developers towards solution development
- Develop high level estimates by analyzing the business cases and viable design solutions
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible
- Design solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security needs
- Understand and drive down security risk for development systems tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Git, buildbot
- Understand security elements of standard and custom hardware design including secure key storage, trust zones, and hardware exploits; identify potential vulnerabilities and use hardware to mitigate security risks
- Create solutions that enhance cloud security using available cloud controls/products, third party products, and/or custom-developed systems
- Understand corporate authentication and authorization systems including AD, LDAP, Okta, Duo and how to design secure corporate systems with them
- Align technical standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Clearly articulate risks and solutions to diverse audiences
- Review and approve technical architecture for new projects or changes to existing systems
- Be the domain specialist who can articulate sophisticated system challenges to others without a security background
Proven experience in:
- Designing and implementing security solutions, including continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions and working with an extended information security team
- Consult and engineering in the development and design of standard methodologies and implementation of proven architectural principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies
- Security considerations of cloud computing including data breaches, broken authentication, account mis-configuration, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss, and cloud security standard methodologies
- Automation of quality and security solutions
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of professional Salesforce application development/architectural experience utilizing Apex, VisualForce, and SOQL, Web service and data migration
- Leadership experience for technical projects involving multi-disciplined teams. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge across multiple domains including cloud computing, web applications, database technologies, server applications, storage applications, test/QA engineering, deployment automation
- Knowledge in security engineering, security threat analysis
- Experience from at least 2 end-to-end Salesforce implementations as a Technical Lead or Technical Architect.
- Prior background and knowledge of Java, .Net, Java Script, HTML, JSON, Angular JS will be crucial for success in this Salesforce Architect role
- Hands on expertise in developing applications on the Force.com Platform
- Experience in building Web Service enabled applications (SOAP and RESTful)
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce APIs and hands-on experience integration with ERP (Oracle and SAP especially)
- A Salesforce certification in application development and security
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks to the business appropriately
- Deep knowledge of application architecture in a cloud computing environment
- Knowledge of security toolsets including key management systems, firewalls, muti-factor authentication, intrusion detection systems
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and enterprise architectures including AD, LDAP, MFA
- Knowledge in network security and related technologies including intrusion detection and prevention, WAF, NGFW, DMZ design, network segmentation, DDoS mitigation
- Experience with various types of load balancing, host based firewalling techniques, application proxies. deploying, configuring, or administering cloud-based environments, with special attention to security
- Exceptional communication skills, especially with diverse audiences; excellent written skills
- Proven technical leadership among peers through work in the open-source community, blogging, speaking, or other thought leadership
- Development experience in Python, C++, and/or Java
- Strong proficiency in application threat modeling and experience in engineering mitigations
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques
- Strong partnership with other business units and high discernment as it relates to relaying and understanding security risks
- Extensive experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Experience developing in distributed systems,
- Salesforce certifications are an advantage and advanced degree is a plus.
- Video gaming knowledge, experience, or hobby is a plus
- Experience with Penetration Testing
- Energized by a multifaceted environment that is responsive to the needs of our partners
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.