Analyst - Services Subscription and Trading
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Analyst - Services Subscription and Trading
The Global Store and Services team are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content and services. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities.
This role will sit within the GSS Services team who are accountable for the forecasting, proposition, strategy, and delivery of trading plans to drive growth for both PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now. The Subscriptions Analyst will operate in a team of 5 analysts, dedicated to PlayStations’ subscription services. PlayStation Plus is subscribed to by the majority of our players and PlayStation Now which has seen huge growth since re-launching in Oct last year.
This role will support the forecasting and reporting for both subscription products through monthly flashes, quarterly forecasts, full year budgets and in month trading.
You will work closely with Commercial Managers to reflect the latest plans and proposals in the subscription forecasts and will require experience working with subscription business models. You will also need to work with the Data Scientists to make iterative improvements to the model.
The reporting side of the role will cover tracking in month trading performance, aiding in the understanding of deviation from forecasts, adjusting full month expectations, uncovering risks and ops and extracting actionable insights from the performance data.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supporting delivery of global flash, quarterly, full year and 3 year forecasts for PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now
- Working with data scientists to iteratively improve the accuracy of the forecasting model
- Working with Services trading team to account for upcoming promotions, changes to the service or changes in the gaming industry within forecasts
- Tracking in month performance and amending monthly outlooks based on current performance
- Working with insight analysts to understand and explain deviations from the forecast
- Global performance reporting for PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now.
- Optimising and automating the reporting suite
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years experience in forecasting subscription businesses
- Strong Excel skills
- SQL skills
- Experience with visualisation tools, ideally Tableau.
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.