Your future is our future; we are a game development studio that is working at the edges of computer science: Graph Databases, Artificial intelligence, Microservice fabrics, Cutting-edge graphic engine pipeline support, and an internal vision that will revolutionize our industry. We are looking for rockstar talent to help us deliver our next phase of technology. It is very different from what you can currently find in the marketplace. Sure, we have a few ideas and a roadmap, but that is never enough! We need your thoughts and opinions … and we need you … to help us find that magical intersection between content and technology, where we can inspire the industry and the community to achieve something different. We are visualizing a future where you make an impact!
Some of us have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots. We love what we do and are looking for passionate people who want to grow, learn, inspire, mentor, and make an impact.
We are Pixelberry Studios, and we are a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. Yes, we’re a division of Nexon, one of the largest gaming companies in the world, and our studio is proud to have never launched a game that did not land in the App Store’s Top 25 Grossing chart. We would like to invite you to join us in the adventure that will become our shared future.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Pixelberry Studios is looking for an Associate Engineer that will help us deliver our next phase of technology.
- Our headquarters is in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: CA, OR, WA, and NV.
- Currently, all Pixelberry staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model (1 day/week in-office) will be in place once we resume on-site operations, currently scheduled for January 2022.
- Able to work with modern programming languages, and deliver functional code that is validated with unit tests.
- Communicate with other team members and deliver Testing Guidance for your codebase
- Update communication channels such as Jira and Confluence with relevant updates.
- Learning SDLC Pipeline / CI CD concepts
- Deliver unit tests with a strong dependency on Mocking Frameworks
- Starting to link implementations and Ideas into chains to create technical processes that transform input to output
- Acts as a resource/mentor for interns and establishes a mentor to develop and grow yourself.
- Between 1 to 3 years of experience
- BA in computer science or related fields (Or equivalent)
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Proficient writing scripts
- Experienced with AWS Console / primitive features (Such as S3)
- Familiar with development Concepts (OOP, TDD, SOLID, GOF)
- Experienced with algorithms and design
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated passion for technology
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.