Pixel Toys are looking for an experienced talented 3D Character Artist to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics. As one of the key members of the team you will be responsible for working with the creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment and add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.As a candidate for the 3D Character role you will demonstrate that you have the ability to create stunning high-res and game-res characters using industry standard techniques. Consistency, accuracy, clarity and flair are key and we expect to see this in your work throughout. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating great artwork.
- Working closely with the Project Lead Artists set art benchmarks, develop, document and maintain an appropriate style for assigned art specialism, uphold and deliver that style throughout production.
- Be an example for professional conduct, setting a high standard at all times with internal staff and external contacts.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative, proactive, problem solving attitude at all times
- Communicate to a high standard in written and spoken form, to all levels of the business.
- Drive, refine and document specialism best practise, working with the other disciplines to ensure standards and processes are reviewed regularly to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Own the art process and technical pipelines; from initial specifications, all the way through to final in-game implementation, ensuring that this is created, documented, implemented and maintained to high industry standards.
- Be aware of the wider industry developments ensuring we are using the latest techniques to create the highest quality and performance friendly assets.
- Clearly demonstrable understanding of the business needs for your specialism, ensuring that the balance of quality and cost is agreed and communicated clearly to project leads.
- Able to break down work and tasks from project lead briefings; can comfortably create and maintain tracking lists for own and art team members tasks.
- Working with the Project Leads and production staff to ensure all related tasks are correctly identified and logged.
- Ensure all assets produced are always backed up consistently using source control.
- Responsible for the creation of stunning 3D character art assets for use in our multi-platform games in-line with the agreed art style guides.
- Ensure created art assets are optimised for use in our game engines, being particularly mindful of performance and memory constraints.
- Occasional concept artwork generation during pre-production phases.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent 3D and texturing skills, with particular focus on accurate character work with a strong understanding in anatomy.
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya (or other relevant 3D content creation packages) and Photoshop.
- Show demonstrable ability to spread knowledge through mentoring junior staff and peers.
- Experience of game development in Unity.
- Ability with sculpting packages such as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Traditional concepting illustration visualisation solid art foundation.
- Knowledge of texture/material creation pipelines such as Substance or NDo/DDo.
- Active gamer
If you are interested and think you might have what it takes to create cutting edge games, drop us your details!